Announcing the new Covid-19 restrictions, the West Bengal government has informed that from Monday, January 3, all schools and colleges as well as gyms and swimming pools and beauty salons will remain closed in the state. Also, attendance in government and private offices will be limited to 50 percent.
The state reported 4,512 new Covid-19 cases on January 1, taking its total number of active corona cases to 13,300. West Bengal has the most active corona cases in the country after Maharashtra and Kerala.
New corona restrictions in west bengal
- Direct flights from London to Bengal temporarily suspended from Jan 3
- Travelers coming from non-risk countries will have to undergo a rapid antigen test. Those found positive will have to undergo RTPCR test.
- Cinema halls, restaurants, shopping malls and complexes can function with 50% capacity only. Will be closed from 10 pm to 5 am.
- Up to 50 people will be able to participate in all social and religious programs. There will also be a limit of 50 guests in wedding ceremonies.
- A maximum of 20 people will be able to attend the funeral.
- Local trains will run with 50% seating capacity till 7 pm. After that no local trains will run.
- Metro will run at normal time with 50% capacity.
- From January 5, flights from Delhi and Mumbai will be allowed only on Mondays and Fridays, twice a week