Having a quality connection is key to being part of the digital world and not missing out on innovation. For this reason, as a company committed to this objective, Orange works so that more and more people can benefit from all the advantages that, both from a social and economic point of view, the technological revolution in which today’s society is immersed.
What is the social rate?
According to a report prepared by the Children’s Platform, households that earn less than 900 euros per month experience difficulties in connecting to the internet: 500,000 households with children do not have a computer, and 100,000 do not have internet access. Last year Orange became the first company to launch a Social rate adapted to the needs and economic capacity of households with fewer resources. It is the best way to continue supporting the inclusion of the most vulnerable: to ensure that digital becomes an opportunity for them and not just another barrier to their social and economic development.
The new Orange Social Rate offers:
· Internet access with symmetric fiber.
· Landline with unlimited calls to national landlines.
· A mobile line with unlimited calls to national landlines and mobiles and a bonus of 3 GB of data to navigate at maximum mobile speed.
According to a report prepared by the Childhood Platform, households that earn less than 900 euros per month experience difficulties in connecting to the internet: 500,000 households with children do not have a computer, and 100,000 do not have access to the Internet
All of it, for only € 14.95 / month and without a commitment to stay, so that families who meet the requirement of being beneficiaries of the Minimum Living Income (IMV) or the Minimum Insertion Income (RMI) promoted by the different Autonomous Communities see covered, for 12 renewable months, all the connectivity needs of their home.
News of the social rate that are launched now:
· It can be hired at any time, without a time limit, like any other rate in the company’s catalog.
· I know It also increases the speed of the optical fiber of this rate, multiplying it by five (up to 500 Mbps), both upstream and downstream. And to further facilitate access to its Social Rate, Orange has also replaced the 900 number that applicants had to call with a form on its website. In it, the interested parties will be able to enter, simply and quickly, their personal data and will receive instructions on how to send the necessary documentation to be able to benefit from this rate:
– Proof as beneficiaries of the Minimum Vital Income (IMV) or the Minimum Insertion Income (RMI).
– Certificate of registration (the installation of the landline will be carried out in the name of the beneficiary of the aid at the address where they are registered).
Thanks to all these improvements, Orange is expanding its contribution to make technology a tool for social inclusion and integration of the most vulnerable, aligning itself once again with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: specifically, with goal 10 (Reduction inequalities) and with objective 4 (Guarantee an inclusive, equitable and quality education).
Orange also has the Gigas solidarity program, aimed at those households whose situation is so critical that they cannot even consider hiring a product such as the Social Rate – which can cause, for example, that the children of these families are penalized in their studies. For this initiative, whose objective is to facilitate internet access to households without resources, Orange collaborates with NGOs such as the Red Cross and SOS Children’s Villages.
The operation is simple: the NGOs mentioned help to identify vulnerable families that could be beneficiaries in this project and they are provided with one year of free internet.
In addition, Orange offers to those families that do not have hardware of connection a device on assignment for a period of one year, open for an extension in case of need.
Clients can also collaborate in this program by subscribing to it, so that more vulnerable families receive connectivity thanks to their support of the initiative. It is, in fact, an aid that does not entail any cost for the client, who will only have to adhere symbolically to this project.
Last year, more than 5,400 families benefited from Orange’s solidarity Gigas program, and a new collaboration period is currently open, valid until December 31, 2021.
More information in solidarity Gigas.