- Thundershowers until September 24th
- Yellow alert in two districts today
- Lightning alert
Central Meteorological Department forecasts rain forecast for next 5 days:
- 20 – 09 – 2021: Pathanamthitta, Idukki
The yellow alert has been issued in the following districts. The chance of isolated heavy rains is forecast in these places. Heavy rainfall is defined as a rainfall of 64.5 mm to 115.5 mm in 24 hours.
Also Read: Finally found the lucky one? An expatriate from Wayanad said that he was the one who hit the Onam bumper
A warning issued at 2 pm on Monday is likely to bring thundershowers in various districts in the next three hours. The Central Meteorological Department has forecast isolated showers and thundershowers of up to 40 kmph in isolated places in Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam and Pathanamthitta districts of Kerala for the next three hours.
The Central Meteorological Department has forecast isolated showers in Kerala from September 20 to 24.
Also Read: Karunakaran solves problem, but Pinarayi sticks to religious leaders; Muraleedharan changed his stand
Lightning – Caution Instructions
The risk of thunderstorms is high between 2pm and 10pm. Lightning is dangerous. They cause great damage to human and animal life and to electrical and communication networks and household appliances connected to electrical conductors. Therefore, the Disaster Management Authority (DMA) has advised the public to take the following precautions from the time they start seeing clouds. The notice also said that such precaution should not be avoided as the lightning is not visible.
- Move into a safe building as soon as you see the first sign of lightning. Staying in the open will increase the risk of thunderstorms.
- Close windows and doors during thunderstorms, and do not stand near doors and windows. Sit inside the building and try not to touch the wall or floor as much as possible.
- Disconnect household appliances. Avoid proximity to electrical equipment during thunderstorms.
- Avoid using the telephone during thunderstorms. There is nothing wrong with using a mobile phone.
- Children should not play in the open air or on the terrace if the weather is cloudy from 2pm to 10pm.
- Do not stand under trees during thunderstorms. Vehicles should not be parked in trees.
- Stay inside the vehicle during thunderstorms. Do not leave limbs out. You will be safe inside the vehicle. Travel on vehicles such as bicycles, bikes and tractors should be avoided during thunderstorms and seek refuge in a safe building until the thunderstorm ends.
- Do not go to the terrace or yard to pick up clothes during thunderstorms during thunderstorms.
- Tie objects that are likely to fall in the wind.
- Avoid bathing during thunderstorms. Also avoid collecting water from taps. Lightning may pass through pipes.
- Do not go fishing or bathing in the water during thunderstorms. As soon as you start seeing the clouds, you should stop fishing and boating and try to reach the nearest shore immediately. Do not stand on the deck of the boat during thunderstorms. Baiting and netting should be stopped during thunderstorms.
- Do not tie pets in the open at this time. Do not go to see them in the rain cloud to unpack them and replace them safely. This may cause you to be struck by lightning.
Lightning strikes can cause burns, loss of vision or hearing, or even a heart attack. It should be noted that there is no electric current in the body of the person who has been struck by lightning. So do not hesitate to give first aid to the person who is struck by lightning. The first thirty seconds after a lightning strike are life-saving golden moments. The directive also states that the victim should seek immediate medical attention.
Fight between Rajavempala and Udumu in the middle of the road! Watch the video