- Heavy rains will continue in the state
- Orange alert in various districts today and tomorrow
- Yellow alert in various districts till Thursday
- July 11, 2021: Idukki, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur and Kasaragod.
- July 12, 2021: Orange alert in Idukki, Kannur and Kasaragod districts.
Heavy or very heavy rain is forecast in the districts where the Orange Alert has been declared. Extreme levels of rainfall are expected in isolated areas, ranging from 115.6 mm to 204.4 mm in 24 hours.
- July 11, 2021: Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Thrissur and Palakkad
- July 12, 2021: Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Ernakulam, Thrissur, Malappuram, Kozhikode and Wayanad.
- July 13, 2021: Ernakulam, Idukki, Thrissur, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur and Kasaragod.
- July 14, 2021: Idukki, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kannur and Kasaragod.
- July 15, 2021: Yellow alert in Ernakulam, Idukki, Thrissur, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur and Kasaragod districts.
Rainfall of 64.5 mm to 115.5 mm in 24 hours was forecast in the districts where the yellow alert was declared. The Disaster Management Authority (DMA) has warned people in low-lying areas, riverbanks and landslide-prone areas to be extra vigilant in case of heavy rains in the last few days.
The Central Meteorological Department has warned fishermen not to go off the coast of Kerala, Karnataka and Lakshadweep from July 11 to 13, 2021.
‘Avoid fuel tax quota’; K Sudhakaran to the government