AA / Istanbul
Iranian President Ebrahim Raïssi said on Saturday that the suicide bombing attack that targeted a mosque during Friday prayers in Afghanistan’s northern Kunduz province was a crime aimed at dividing Muslims.
Raïssi offered, on this occasion, his condolences to the Afghan people and to the entire humanitarian community for the deaths of innocent people, while they were praying in a place of worship, according to the local IRNA news agency.
The Iranian president also expressed his concern over continued terrorist activities and sectarian and nationalist conflicts, adding that these actions were part of the new US security plan in Afghanistan.
He stressed that it was no longer a secret that the strengthening of these Takfirist terrorist currents is done thanks to the support and planning of the United States, which in recent years has enabled the terrorist organization Daesh to ” expand its activities in Afghanistan.
“We are more than ever ready to give full and complete support to the Afghan brothers and we aspire that the Afghan people are able to form an inclusive government that can thwart much of the plot hatched against them,” he said. he concluded.
Earlier on Saturday, the Taliban government’s Kunduz Information and Culture Department claimed that at least 43 people were killed and more than 140 injured in the suicide bombing that targeted a mosque, according to the report. local channel TOLO News.
Afghan media reported on Friday that around 100 people were killed and 200 others injured in an explosion in Kunduz province, claimed by Daesh.
By August 15, the Taliban had taken control of almost all of Afghanistan as US forces withdrew from the country.
* Translated from Arabic by Malèk Jomni
. . (HAS), ..