IndiaEastern Ladakh row: 13th round of Indo-China military talks, talks lasted for...

Eastern Ladakh row: 13th round of Indo-China military talks, talks lasted for 8.5 hours, will the dispute end?


New Delhi
India on Sunday held the 13th round of military talks with China. It emphasized the early withdrawal of troops from the rest of the points of confrontation in eastern Ladakh. The talks lasted for about eight and a half hours. Sources gave this information. The Corps Commander-level talks are understood to have primarily focused on completing the stalled process of withdrawing troops from Patrol Point 15 (PP-15).

There has been no official statement about the talks on the Chinese side in the Chushul-Moldo border area in eastern Ladakh.

The talks started around 10:30 in the morning and went on till 7 in the evening. The last round of talks took place about two months before that. After this the troops were withdrawn from Gogra (Patrolling Point-17A).

India has been emphasizing that resolution of pending issues at all points of conflict, including Depsang, is essential for the overall improvement of relations between the two countries. The Indian delegation is understood to have taken a strong stand in the 13th round of talks, emphasizing on de-escalating the tension in Depsang.

China’s military gathering is a matter of concern, Indian Army will be present, said Army Chief General Naravane

The 13th round of talks took place in the backdrop of two recent incidents of infiltration attempts by Chinese troops. The first case was reported in the Barahoti sector of Uttarakhand and the second in the Tawang sector of Arunachal Pradesh.

relationships are getting sour
About ten days ago, Indian and Chinese soldiers had a brief face-off near Yangtse in Tawang sector of Arunachal Pradesh. However, as per established procedure, the matter was resolved within a few hours after talks between the commanders of both the sides.

About 100 personnel of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) of China had crossed the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Uttarakhand’s Barahoti sector on August 30 and returned after spending a few hours.

navbharat timesIf Chinese soldiers are present on the LAC, then we are not going to back down, Army Chief Naravane said on the border dispute with China

12th round of talks was held on 31st July
Earlier, the 12th round of talks between India and China was held on 31 July. A few days later, the armies of both the countries completed the process of withdrawal of their troops from Gogra. It was considered a major and significant step towards the restoration of peace and stability in the region.

The Indian delegation in Sunday’s talks was led by Lt Gen PGK Menon, who is the commander of the 14th Corps based in Leh.

Naravane gave a big statement
Army Chief MM Naravane had said on Saturday that the Indian Army will also maintain its presence on its side, which is “similar to the PLA”, if the Chinese side’s military mobilization and large-scale deployment in the eastern Ladakh region continues.

The standoff on the border between the armies of the two countries started on May 5 last year. Then there was a violent clash between the soldiers of the two in the areas of Pangong Lake. As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the withdrawal of troops to the Gogra region in August.

In February, the two sides completed the withdrawal of troops and arms from the northern and southern banks of Pangong Lake as agreed. At present, around 50,000 to 60,000 soldiers from each side are deployed in the sensitive area along the LAC.

.

Most Viewed

Trending