WorldDeadly bacteria found in spray made in India, four people fell ill...

Deadly bacteria found in spray made in India, four people fell ill in America, two died


New York
Bacteria have been found in an aromatherapy spray made in India that caused four people to fall ill in the US earlier this year. Two of them died. This information has been given by the Public Health Agency of America. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said laboratory tests found Burkholderia pseudomallei bacteria in the aromatherapy spray ‘Better Homes and Gardens Lavender and Chamomile Essential Oil Infused Aromatherapy Room Spray with Gemstones’.

Two out of four patients died
The CDC said it is the same type of bacteria that sickened four people in the US earlier this year. The CDC said the spray was found on October 6 at the home of a Georgia resident who had fallen ill in July. The agency said the CDC is continuing to investigate whether it is the same bacteria that were found in the four patients. These four patients are from Georgia, Kansas, Texas and Minnesota. Two out of four patients died.

This spray was sold at Walmart stores
The CDC said that since the agency received the samples in May, it has been examining patients’ blood samples as well as the land, water and consumer products around the four patients’ homes. A sample of the spray tested positive this week. The contaminated spray was sold in approximately 55 Walmart stores and on its website between February and October 21, 2021.

The company removed the product from the store and website
The company then removed the rest of the spray bottle and associated products from the store as well as its website. The Consumer Product Safety Commission and Walmart issued a recall appeal for lavender and chamomile room spray and five other similar products. Investigation is on whether there is a threat from the perfume and brand associated with it or not.

.