- Chance of heavy rain
- Red alert in two districts
- Caution advised to fishermen
Thiruvananthapuram: The Central Meteorological Department has warned of heavy rains in the state. Red, Orange and Yellow Alert has been issued in various districts of Kerala today as per the updated rain forecast. Fishermen are advised not to go to sea.
- 2021 September 27: Idukki, Thrissur
The Central Meteorological Department has issued a red alert in the districts. Extreme levels of rainfall (204.4 mm) were forecast for 24 hours in isolated areas.
- 2021 September 27: Ernakulam
The Central Meteorological Department has issued an orange alert in the district. Extreme levels of rainfall (115.6 to 204.4 mm) were forecast for 24 hours in isolated areas.
Also Read: Teachers dancing in the classroom; Suspension after the video went viral
- September 27, 2021: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Pathanamthitta, Alappuzha, Kottayam, Malappuram, Palakkad, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur and Kasaragod
- 2021 September 28: Kozhikode, Kannur and Kasargod
- 2021 October 01: Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam
The Central Meteorological Department has issued a yellow alert for heavy rains in the districts. Heavy rainfall of 64.5 mm to 115.5 mm in 24 hours.
Also Read: 25 lakh handed over in Sudhakaran’s presence; Promise to resolve issues in Delhi; Complaint that K Sudhakaran helped Monson in the scam
The State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA) has warned people in low-lying areas, riverbanks and hilly areas prone to landslides and landslides to be extra vigilant in case of heavy rains in the last few days.
In case of heavy rain warning, it is necessary to co-operate with the authorities in relocating areas as per the instructions.
On 27-09-2021, the Central Meteorological Department informed that fishing is not allowed on the coasts of Kerala and Lakshadweep.
Also Read: Went to buy medicine for back pain; The woman’s pants were unbuttoned, and the case against the doctor who tried to touch her private parts
27-09-2021: Extreme winds of 40 to 50 kmph are expected along the Kerala-Lakshadweep coast, south-eastern Arabian coast and Andhra Pradesh.
27-09-2021: The Central Meteorological Department has forecast strong winds of 40 to 50 kmph along the Kerala-Lakshadweep coast, south-eastern Arabian coast and Andhra coast.
27-09-2021: The Central Meteorological Department has forecast strong winds of 45 to 55 kmph in Kanyakumari, Gulf of Mannar and southwestern Bay of Bengal. Fishing is not allowed in these areas on the above days.
High wave alert
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (INCOIS) has forecast 2.5 to 3.3 meter high waves and tidal waves off the coast of Kerala (from Pozhiyoor to Kasaragod) till 11.30 pm on September 27.
Fishermen and coastal residents remain vigilant.
1. Stay away from dangerous areas as per the instructions of the authorities as there is a possibility of severe seasickness.
2. Secure fishing vessels (boats, canoes, etc.) in the harbor. Maintaining a safe distance between boats can reduce the risk of collisions. The safety of fishing equipment should be ensured.
3. Absolutely avoid trips to the beach and recreational activities at sea.
Kannur to turn red in April; Preparations are underway to celebrate the party congress