37 years have passed since the attack on the Eruh region of the southeastern Turkish province of Siirt, which was the first attack by PKK terrorists in Turkey. Despite the passage of almost four decades, eyewitnesses of the tragic event cannot forget the horror they experienced that night.
As a result of attacks carried out by PKK terrorists on August 15, 1984 in the Eruh region of Siirt province and the Shemdinli region of Hakkari province (southeast of Turkey), the commander of the gendarmerie Suleiman Aydin from Erzincan province was killed, and 9 more soldiers and three civilians were injured.
According to experts in the field of combating terrorism, the first attack was followed by hundreds of ambushes, mines and bombs, during which the RKK terrorists never thought for a moment that innocent civilians were becoming their victims. The bloody actions carried out by the terrorists were taken for granted. Even despite the protests of the population of the region, the PKK terrorists demonstrated their intention to achieve their nefarious goals.
The bitterness of the treacherous attack still lives on in the hearts of the locals. Eyewitnesses of the Eruh attack are filled with anger towards the terrorists who have left an indelible mark on their memory with their crimes.
Omer Inan, who was only 24 years old at the time of the attack, believes that the attack on Eruh was an attack on all of Turkey.
“It was a dark night. Do not let the Almighty experience this again. May there always be peace in our country, ”Inan said.
Another eyewitness, Mehmet Ata Yildirim, was with friends in a cafe that evening.
According to him, hearing the gunfire, the young people at first could not understand what was happening.
“Then we realized that it was PKK terrorists who carried out the attack. I then studied at the Lyceum. A Turkish soldier was killed. One of the students of the lyceum was injured. People were shocked, ”he said.
The head of the Federation of Associations of Security Defenders and Martyrs’ Families Siirt Ismail Shehitoglu drew attention to the fact that for the first time terrorists fired at Kurds.
Shehitoglu lost his grandmother Shukriye and 11 other close people as a result of the terrorist attack.
“We have never retreated from the fight against a terrorist organization. We are ready to continue to talk about the PKK atrocities against the Kurds. We will continue to inform the Kurds and ensure that they never make concessions to terrorists, ”he said.
The head of the Association of Families of Martyrs and Victims, Eruha Beshir Yildiz, says that the population of the region is always on the side of the state and against terrorists.
“PKK terrorists will never succeed in achieving their goal. We paid a heavy price, but we never backed down from fighting a terrorist organization. We are ready to continue supporting the decisive struggle of the state against terrorists, ”Yildiz added.
RKK terrorists carry out bloody attacks to destabilize the situation and split Turkey.
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said earlier that from 1984, when PKK militants first committed a bloody crime in Turkey, and until March 2020, 7,500 members of the Turkish security forces and 6,800 civilians have died at the hands of this bloody organization.
The United States and the European Union have listed PKK as terrorist organizations.
Despite Ankara’s attempts to find ways to resolve the situation, the PKK terrorist organization has resumed armed attacks since July 2015.
In recent years, PKK has sought to shift responsibility for the bloody crimes in the region onto its offshoots.
In Syria, PKK terrorists hide behind the names PYD and YPG, and in the past two years have called themselves the “Syrian Democratic Forces.” In Iran, the PKK acts as the Party of Free Life of Kurdistan (PJAK).
. . .(HAS).